Today, your host Ryan Pallotta is joined by the author of the Rosen Report and industry expert Eric Rosen.
Today’s conversation focuses on:
- The Silicon Valley Bank (SVP) collapse. What led to it and what it means for investors.
- The Fed being partially to blame for banks like SVB needing to take on more risk by keeping rates so low for so long.
- SVB’s failure to keep a “fortress balance sheet" and take responsibility for its decisions.
- Eric’s assessment of Bear Stearns prior to its 2008 collapse and subsequent sale to JP Morgan Chase.
- What the 2/10 UST yield curve inversion tells us about the probability of a recession
- The migration of HNW people to south Florida and its effect on high-end real estate prices.
- The recent phenomenon of kids being less enthusiastic about learning to drive and owning a car.